For the last week i’ve been chained to my computer and table (not really :))… and no I haven’t been blogging (unfortunately!) I’ve started to fill out my applications for the extensive list of internships i’ve created… and I couldn’t be more excited! It’s a very time consuming, but also a very rewarding experience as I tackle each question and application form. Here are some tips to keep your sanity….
- Don’t try to cram it in in a few nights. Some applications require answers to questions that exceed a few pages. Take your time, take one step at a time, and restrict yourself to answering just a few a night.
- Be honest: Be yourself. Answer questions truthfully and honestly and make sure your personality shows.
- Stand out from the crowd. There are countless ways to do this. Find your unique way so you shine.
- BE ORGANIZED. I have 10 folders- one for each internship. Label the folders with the name of the facility and a checklist of required items. It will make your life so much easier!
- If possible- try to make some sort of connection with the supervisor- this way your name is in their head.
Feel free to comment with questions or more suggestions! Thanks for checking back. I’m excited to say I will be shadowing Annette Whitehead-Pleaux in Boston, MA for a few hours at the Shriners Burns Hospital in 2 weeks. Check back for a post with my experience!